Venture Design Thinking
- Empower an organisation to capture new market opportunity faster.
- To extent its reach across current markets and into the new ones.
- To engender deeper relationships with its customers
- To develop internal innovation capabilities
- To reinvent itself and to capture disruptive market opportunities
Starting smarter, Iteration faster. Design = Stronger Brand. Entrepreneurship makes Better Designer
Human-Centered Design : Playing to sustain
- Build within the core
- Near – term performance
- Stability & Defensive
- Limiting failure
Venture Design : Playing to win
- Build beyond the core
- Future performance
- Growth mindset
- Maximizing breakthrough
Principles of Venture Design :
- Grant & defend autonomy : New ventures thrive when provided the freedom and agency to continually shape their own best practices unencumbered by organisational history, politic, etc.
- Drive continuous engagement : Collaboration, transparent workflow & flat teams to gain efficiency across all contributors. (Co-ownership)
- Prioritise progress over process : Move further faster
- Design the impact not the product : What is necessary and sufficient for success – Clear Business Objective
REDUCE COMPLEXITY – INCREASE INNOVATION
The growth paradox “Growth creates complexity and yet complexity is the number one killer of profitable growth.” – Chris Zook, HBR
A key objective of venture design is to enable brand to reduce complexity and increase innovation activities.